Gamut Theatre – Season 27 Auditions
All auditions must be scheduled in advance; we do not accept walk-ins. To schedule an audition with our Resident Theatre Manager, please call 717-238-4111.
Auditions will be held on Tuesday, July 30, Wednesday July 31, and Thursday August 1 starting at 7:00 p.m.
Callbacks for “An Enemy of the People” will be Saturday August 3 from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Callbacks for “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” will be Sunday August 4 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Callbacks for the Stage Door Series will be determined as needed.
Kids Casting Notes: There are mainstage roles available for student actors.
“The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe:” two females and two males, age range 10 – 18 years old. Performance Dates: November 15 – December 8, 2019
“An Enemy of the People:” two males, age range 10 – 14 years old.
Performance Dates: February 29 – March 15, 2020
Student actors must be available for all scheduled performances and a majority of the rehearsal period. Student actors under the age of 18 must have parental approval to audition and must have a parent or guardian sign the audition paperwork.
• Present one memorized classical monologue that is not Shakespeare, 1 to 2 minutes in length. If auditioning for both “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” and “An Enemy of the People,” you may provide a monologue for each. Total audition package no more than 3 minutes.
• Bring a headshot (head and shoulders photo) and a resume.
• Actors audition in groups of up to six in a 30-minute period and may be asked to stay an additional 30-60 minutes to read sides. Actors may be asked to attend callback auditions.
• Plan to arrive 30 minutes before scheduled audition time to fill out paperwork.
• Bring a detailed schedule to fill out any potential rehearsal conflicts.
• All auditions must be scheduled in advance; walk-ins are not accepted.
• If auditioning for “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” we are interested in any special skills you might have, including but not limited to: dance, music – singing and/or playing instruments, juggling, magic, stage combat skills. Please list special skills with your audition materials and be prepared to demonstrate if asked.
For more info, visit Gamut Theatre Auditions